Submitted by Nicole Rowley
- 1/2 pkg bacon
- 3 lbs chicken thighs
- Whole seed mustard
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 TBS garlic
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 TBS cornstarch
- Marinade chicken in a bag with enough mustard to coat for about an hour.
- Cook bacon in large enough skillet to fit all chicken. Cook until very crispy.
- Remove bacon turn down heat a few notches, add all chicken flat side down, cook only until crispy, but still red.
- Flip and cook other side for a minute, chicken will be raw inside.
- Add chicken to crock pot (or dutch oven style pan) making sure to leave everything in pan.
- Add diced onions and garlic. Saute. Add wine.
- Scrape the whole skillet on top of chicken.
- Cook low for 4 hours. (About 45 minutes in Dutch oven style pan in oven).
- Remove chicken.
- Add drippings to a sauce pan. Add milk to cornstarch while cold, mix well. Add mixture to sauce pan. Cook until thickens.
- Crumble bacon. Add to sauce, drizzle over chicken.
We ended up having much more sauce than needed so only add the amount of sauce desired.
If desired add a hard french cheese such as gruyere, to garnish. Serve with potatoes and rolls.